domenica 14 settembre 2008

the first cut is the deepest

I've been a bit uninspired lately. Life is busy (and by life I mean school) and I'm just plodding on through. But I thought that I should make a post at least once during September.

However, the other day I had a small nostalgic moment. For once, it's not school related. I was cutting up an apple. I think it was a Granny Smith, because green apples are infinitely superior. Then, this rather random memory suddenly popped into my head of me as a small girl watching my mum cut up an apple. It reminded me of my belief that mothers have that perfect way of cutting up an apple. First into quarters and then getting rid of the core in one swift cut. I always thought that when I was older (or maybe a mother), I'd be able to do it too.

Turns out I can't. But I suppose there's still time.

2 commenti:

Revilo ha detto...

Red apples are far preferable. I used to love green, but I'm one of the converted. ^^

In terms of cutting things...I agree. It's not confined to apples though, I find it goes the same with sandwhiches and things like that. I wonder why it's like that?

Yarshk ha detto...

Red apples totally rock my world. A good crisp fuji will make my day simply brilliant.

My mum can't cut things properly. She's afraid of sharp knifes.