giovedì 11 giugno 2009

blah blah blah

'sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me.'

If you've spent any time in some sort of school system, you will know just how inaccurate this little mantra is. As children we are all fed the same phrase, essentially teaching us to pretend that the mean words and people aren't there. But as you get older, the verbal sticks and stones grow more accurate and often more painful - and less forgivable as a result. Today I discovered the true extent of just how hurtful and frightening words can be. Of course this wasn't surprising, but it was distressing nonetheless.


1 commento:

Yarshk ha detto...

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV
will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Albert Einstein

(it's not exactly relevant, but your post reminded me of it)