venerdì 4 luglio 2008

home

I’m back. I should be unpacking or doing the homework I had planned to do last week but didn’t. Instead, I’m going to procrastinate for an hour or two.

Port Douglas was fun. I can't really be bothered explaining anything that happened but i'm happy to post many photos which illustrate my 'Tourist Day' with my friend Alana (who by the way recently got a fringe - thoughts?). This involved buying 'Lolita' glasses and then taking cheesy 'touristy' photos. enjoy.


Ice creams were a must. Alana = Cookies and Cream and Me = Coffee.


We also met some other georgeous people. The shade was terrible though, and a foreigner was taking the photo. He was having enough trouble with my camera as it was, so we only posed for one.
We had lunch near this church, which I think is very cute

Bernie like the Lolita glasses

Becky wasn't allowed to bring homework with her...


Anni on the other hand decided to get in some UMAT practice.

Then Alana and I decided to walk home along the beach. However, we became disoreientated and this is where we ended up...



Where we took many silly photos


Many.

However, on a different note, I have received complaints from 'some' who cannot keep up with my ever changing priorities: mainly that I don’t blog what I say I will. So, I will begin with cupcakes. The Wednesday before last I made cupcakes for my sister’s birthday. I was asked to make these cupcakes the previous Monday, however I did not foresee how much homework I would have and as a result my bake and decorate extravaganza was moved to midnight. So I spent the wee hours of Thursday morning decorating cupcakes. However, It was the best photographically documented moment of my entire life, not even baby photos can compare, and I choose to share It.



this is the result of careless food dye dropping.





cupcake glitter!
I'm not sure if you can tell, but there are 24 cupcakes which spell (in little edible silver bally things) * H-A-P-P-Y B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y I-S-A-B-E-L-L-A-! *
In the end I went to bed at 1:30. All in a days work.

3 commenti:

Revilo ha detto...

Coffee ice-cream? Eugh.

The church is indeed cute, but it's weird when you see people coming from overseas to get married in it.

I talked with a Japanese couple once who'd come all the way from Osaka just to get married in that church. Bit weird I thought.

'Some'.

The cupcakes look delicious up until they were glittered. Then they scare me.

Very cute though...especially the happy birthday thing.

sunni ha detto...

icing as colourful as that is an atrocity! but how did they taste?

matryoshka ha detto...

i don't know. i wasn't allowed any. and yes, i did get a little 'food dye happy'.