venerdì 11 luglio 2008

thank you for the music

I'm a creature of habit, and I like the idea of tradition. However, there is only one tradition I partake in that is really my own. Every year, around may, I make a compilation CD and force my 'personal' and somewhat 'acquired' taste in music on Amy. This started out as a birthday gift idea for poor, unsuspecting Amy in year ten. For some reason I never got out of the habit. Strangely enough, she seems to look forward to this. However this year I'm extremely late, as it is a gift belated by nearly two months. But I'm rather pleased with the outcome, and happily listened to it on the tram on my way to the University of Melbourne this morning.

1. Woo Hoo - 5, 6, 7, 8s

2. Happiness is a Warm Gun - The Beatles

3. The Blowers Daughter - Damien Rice

4. Taylor - Jack Johnson

5. I Will Follow you into the Dark - Death Cab for Cutie

6. Fall at your Feet - Crowded House

7. One Fine Day - The Chiffons

8. Fox on the Run - The Sweet

9. Violet Hill - Coldplay

10. Save Tonight - Eagle Eye Cherry

11. Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel

12. Edge of Seventeen - Stevie Nicks

13. Fidelity - Regina Spektor

14. Flora's Secret - Enya

15. Pretty Little Ditty - Red Hot Chili Peppers

16. Your Heart is an Empty Room - Death Cab for Cutie

17. Fast Car - Tracy Chapman

18. The Call - Regina Spektor

18 songs for 18 years. Happy Birthday Amy! (and I apologise for the 70s. They didn't know any better)

On a different note, today was the University of Melbourne's Access All Areas. In all truthfulness it was rather boring, and the highlight of my day was definitely Lygon Street and San Churros. For those who have never experienced churros, I like to know if you've been living under a rock for the past ten years. This is what you're missing.

Spanish donuts and dipping chocolate.

Chocolate macadamia tart which Kris and Andy (my Grecian lovelies) ordered

Gabby drawing on my coffee.

It was supposed to be an 'M' and a Heart

My Grecian lovelies

The equally lovely Gabby, who is currently trying to convey less through facial expression and more through words.

Looking just a bit glamorous

This is me being a being a bit artistic, and a bit proud of my lacing.
I apologise for all fuzziness and bluring. I blame it on the lighting, shutter speed and the movements of my models. I of course, am perfect.

5 commenti:

sunni ha detto...

that is some SERIOUS lacing, if ever i encountered some serious lacing.

and i'm so glad that there are now two of us to take photos of gabby. double the horror! double le terrible!

Yarshk ha detto...

Wow, I sat there for a while trying to figure out how and why on earth you did that fanciful lacing. =p

I've never ate at Churros and my rock is quite large, dark and unforgiving.

matryoshka ha detto...

sunni: i agree

eric: why not?

Revilo ha detto...

Similarly never eaten at Churros, and likly never to do so, as I am a stingy prick and that looks expensive (if tasty).

matryoshka ha detto...

oliver, you're only 17. there's still time...