lunedì 15 dicembre 2008

the thought that counts

8.

Why was six scared? Because seven, eight, nine.

Numbers have a strange tendency to rule our lives. I know I have my fair share; pin numbers, school numbers, library card numbers, address numbers, postcodes. I know for all the VCE kids that today numbers were very important - well to most. ENTERS came out today. The number that can change your future. Everyone sits somewhere on that bell curve - well, I don't: IB. My numbers have a more limited range. 1 to 7. 3 out of 3. And 45. For me, it's personal satisfaction and my notional ENTER which matter. But I'm not going to bother worrying about that just yet.

Funnily enough, I sometimes find I think in terms of numbers. Families differ depending on the number of children they have. In the morning, I think of my sleep in as portions of 5s. 5 minutes. Another 5 minutes, etc. I think of pants as 2s and t-shirts as 1s. I think of book pages in terms of halves and quarters. Letters have numbers too - but this may be due to scrabble.

Good luck VCE children. For today and tomorrow.

2 commenti:

Revilo ha detto...

scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble

Yarshk ha detto...

In the morning, i think of sleep in terms of 30's or 10's. Pending on the day.